…tap tap… is this thing on?
It’s hard to start writing when you’re staring at a blank page. My mind begins by trying to categorize all the types of posts I’ve thought about writing, but quickly blanks out. Having just watched myself write that, I think the next logical step is to not press backspace, and just keep going. So let’s do that.
Hmm what to write… what to write… well I guess I can start by enumerating a list of things I’ve been thinking about writing, right?
- Imposter syndrome and how we keep on keeping on despite it.
- Figuring out that not wanting to become a manager has, in fact, started to make you the ideal candidate for becoming a manager.
- How to focus on being nice instead of being right while also being right.
- Explaining to a prospective employer that you’re really good at knowing the medium-depth jist of a lot of things, but wouldn’t categorize any of your specific knowledge as “deep”.
- The importance of writing things down in order to decide not to do them.
- How to be a general enthusiast while staying positive for the future of your enthusiasms.
- How mid 2017 to mid 2018 was a year of love letters written to me by new games:
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- God of War
- Detroit Become Human
- Breakdowns of cool new things that I don’t want to type more than once to limit my keystrokes:
- Details on upcoming games, movies, music.
- New tech (categories unimportant, tech is awesome and comes in all shapes and sizes)
- Useful programming tidbits
- Useless programming tidbits
- Miscellaneous enthusiasms
That’ll do, let’s allow this list to set the tone for what will come here.
Signing off for now…